What a great way to start the new year! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the awesome Clare Davidson, author of Trinity. If you’re looking for an adventure, Trinity has it.
So without further ado, here’s how Liebster works:
- I list 11 random facts about myself.
- I’ll answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
- I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award, along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
- If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with the questions I come up with.
- Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
11 Random facts about me.
- I have milked cows.
- I had a cat named Gizmo, then named my white car Gizmo, and just found out that Harry Potter’s owl’s real name is Gizmo!
- I share a birthday with Aragorn.
- I have a few swords.
- I love rocks. Blame it on the rock picking days of my youth, getting the fields ready for planting. I still have my agate collection, displayed now above my kitchen cabinets. Nice!
- I’ve been to Peru.
- I used to play guitar and flute.
- I love to cook
- I took karate lessons
- I love playing sports, but not watching them
- I love puzzles and board games
What’s your favourite place and why?
My office for now. I’ve got my books and my computer.
Where did you get the inspiration for your current WIP?
It’s getting hard to figure out which is my current work in progress. Ha! I mentioned in the Next Big Thing blog post several weeks ago that I was working on dragon something or another and that I was inspired by a friend’s question. What if the characters discovered that the opposite was true, and instead of stopping an outbreak of evil, they started it.
What’s your favourite character that you’ve ever written and why?
That’s like picking your favorite child. Let me write more books, and I’ll tell you.
Who is your favourite book villain and why?
Does Skaric count? LOVE him, but he’s not exactly a villain… (Trinity by Clare Davidson) What about Snape from the Harry Potter novels…he seemed quite villainous to start. Honestly, I can’t think of a favorite villain.
Popcorn: sweet or salted?
Both! I love popcorn. Cheesy, caramel, kettle corn, buttery…
What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever done to your hair?
Oh, I’m very lame actually, but when I was kid, I had a tail. Ha! Don’t remind me. I’m kind of torn between going wild and going all natural.
What’s your favourite time of day?
Evening. I’m awake then. Ha!
What makes you smile?
My children. The wind in my hair. Roses. Rain. Fog.
Cats or dogs?
Torn. Both, none. I don’t know. I used to think I liked cats, but they’re…too independent? Dogs…too dependent? Ha! Just kidding.
What’s your favourite item of clothing?
I just rediscovered my love for flannel shirts. Yes!
Okay, now I nominate:
The 11 questions
What do you like to do for fun?
Ocean or mountains?
If you had to use a weapon, what would you prefer: bow & arrow, sword, light saber, or a phaser?
What’s your favorite food?
Do you collect anything? If so, what is it?
What’s your favorite genre to read?
Do you write with or without music?
What makes you smile?
What’s your favorite music?
What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
What’s your dream vacation?