I’ve been tagged! Thank you, Aaron DeMott. I’ve been seeing this “The Next Big Thing” around cyberspace for awhile, and it has finally made its way to my little corner of the web. Once we’ve been tagged, we’re supposed to copy and answer the questions, then tag five other people. So without further ado:
1) What is the title of your next book/work?
Something dragon something or another.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book/work?
Honestly, a friend of mine had read through my first book and said, what if what they thought was one thing, but turned out it was the opposite. Totally paraphrasing. So I started thinking…
3) What genre does your book/work fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Funny you should ask. I usually don’t think along these lines, but to help get the creative juices flowing I’ve been trolling the internet and pinning images on my secret Pinterest Board. I had a bunch before I deleted them all awhile back, so now I’m slowly building again, but I haven’t decided yet.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Lily Delaney’s father, the world’s famous elven explorer, disappears on his last expedition, and she is determined to find him, but she soon discovers that some things are best left unfound.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Maybe small press, maybe agency. We shall see.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
A month. Thank you NaNoWriMo.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My friend Preston. 🙂
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
Swashbuckling adventure, dragons, other winged animals, flesh eating merpeople, elves, humans, dwarves, lizard people, pirates, true love, secrets…Now I can’t very well giveaway the heart of the story, now can I?
And now I tag: